Friday, April 10, 2009

gifts from ~Angels~

Guys, I finally can spend some time to update my blog....

3 days ago was my BIG day, as I said, we really can't have the time to celebrate it as all of us were so busy with our practicum.

Everyone is getting busier as next week will be our last week of practicum at our respective chosen school.

well, I plan to go to Penang for Japanese buffet to cheer myself up after this practicum. This practicum really drives us crazy!!!

Anyway, I got some gifts from my little students on my birthday which cheer me up for the whole day ^^

That day my ~guru pembimbing~ suppose to came for an observation session, but she didn't turn up at last. That day I was having two periods with my 4 Pintar's class. well, this is the best class among all the primary 4 's classes. So, I really have a high expectation towards them.

At first, this class was not really that closed to me as I am a new ~alien chinese teacher~ to them. They seems to have some weird feelings towards me. But after I had a ~heart to heart~ talk with them, I said I will only be teaching them for one month and I really appreaciate the time together with them. So, I want them to be cooperate with me, especially when my lecturer and guru pembimbing came to observe my teaching.

although they were still kids, they seems to understood. Since that day, they really open their heart and mind to accept me as their teacher. They will greet me whenever they saw me in the school compound. And the thing that touched me most is they gave their best when my lecturer came for the observation session. was so happy and glad to see that!!!

and the best part is when they knew that last Monday was my birthday, some ~angels~ gave me their present. Although it is not an expensive gifts, the gifts were really the most presious gifts that I had ever received....

That day I was doing my lesson plan in the staff room, then I was so tired and thinking to have a small break. So, I step out from the staff room to get some fresh air. Suddenly, 2 girls came and they seems to be very shy. I don't have any idea that they were my students as there were 42 of them in my class, I really have a hard time to recognise them. and maklumlah, all with tudung, I really can't remember their faces except for few of them.

Two of them came to me and one of the girl said:" Teacher, saya tak ada duit....." I was like blur blur standing there and wonder the girls may be want to ask some money from me to buy some food in the canteen. then the girl take out a small little pinkie sharpener and stuff it to my hand softly.

Then she said:" Teacher, saya memang tak ada duit, jadi saya cuma dapat bagi sharpener ini sebagai hadiah. Happy birthday Teacher!" Then two of them kissed my hand and quickly ran off.



The precious little pinkie sharpener


It is the most precious sharpener I had ever received....

I felt like crying after that. Two of them really make me felt so touched. The sharpener may be cost them for 5o cents, but their heart and sincerity is really priceless....Kids were such a naive and cute angels from God....

After that, I continue to do my work in the staff room while waiting for my friends to fetch us at 2.15pm. While I am busy doing my stuffs, a girl knocked the door and came into the staff room. The girls told me that Afrina want to see me. Afrina was one of my students and also the assisstant monitor of the class. I was shocked to see a group of girls standing outside of the staff room. Then Afrina pass a hand-made paper bag to me. The girls kissed my hand and said " happy birthday teacher." I was touched by these cute little angels once again.

I went back to the staff room and open the paper bag. I was so surprise to see a bracelet inside the paper bag. The dolphin bracelet which look quite nice. It may cost few ringgit, I knew it may cost nothing to us, but for a primary kid, it may cost a lot for them.


Creative kids....


cute little hand-made paper bag^^


Thanks Afrina~~ you girls really brighten up my day^^


Happy birthday to teacher Tammy Lol




Cute little dolphin bracelet^^

This is my sweet memories for my first practicum. I like the school, the teachers and also my lovely students. I can started to feel the satisfaction when the children can got the knowledge that I taught them.

Next week will be the last week for me to teach them, I felt reluctant to leave them. Time were too short for us to be together. I just started to build a bond with them,but it is the time for me to leave the school and those cute little angels.

I will treasure the precious moments with them for the next few days. ^^

4 comments:

*JayNy* said...

Awwww so sweet la....im touched by the children too. =)

tAmmY_BiNg's WoRld ^^ said...

yea... Kids are really unpolluted like an angel ^^

Joannetmj said...

Tammyyyy!

I've been keeping up with your blog through Google Reader, so I don't usually comment from there. But this post I had to comment lah. Super touching lah wei. :'-) Seriously.

These days I'm confused whether to become a teacher or not. People say teachers have low pay, meet hundreds of monkeys per day.. but there's something about kids that make me still want to teach them lah. Haiz. People all tell me I can become 'something better'.. but my question is:

Do I want 'something better', or something I love?

Haha. Sorry, just had to tell you my thoughts after reading your post. Don't worry abt the accident, you'll just be extra paranoid the next few weeks you drive, but hey, accidents happen.

Keep in touch k. Thanks for all your cute smses. Say hi to Carrie & the rest for me! =)

Joanne

tAmmY_BiNg's WoRld ^^ said...

my dear god-sis Joanne,

how have you been recently?
I going to finish my practicum for this week. and I really feel reluctant to leave a bunch of cute monkeys... especially the year 4 students...

I think you will make a great teacher!!! I know that u have the ~gifts~ to become a better person, but if u really enjoy teaching, then just go ahead!!! I will owez support ur decisions!!! so, don worry!!!

Just choose to be what u wana be!!!
Miss ya lots!!!
if free, do come back to visit us la yea...^^

take k dear!!!